We are going to play a game. Now, I can’t tell you where I picked this up honestly. I have seen it on many a blog post so I thought, why not?
I’ve been angry lately. Irrationally angry, to tell the truth. I’m not sure why. I’m just mad.
So imagine my reaction when decided to jump on the “13 Reasons Why” train. We don’t have to get into it now, just note my disdain for future blog posts.
So the game is simple. List 13 reasons why you are happy, why you are still here, why you are grateful, things of that nature. It is going to be difficult, but it can be done. Here goes nothing.
- My husband. He does everything for me. I appreciate him more than I can explain. If it wasn’t for him, I would not be writing.
- My parents. I have a very close relationship with both of them. They have supported me throughout my life and still do so.
- My siblings. Yes, all three of them. You were my original reason. Each and every one of you (but that would be cheating, list wise.) You kids are sure I keep my nose clean. I just want to be better for you.
- My nieces and nephew. One of you are still in utero but my heart beats for you still. I would not be alive if I didn’t have you 3 looking up to me.
- My family. Yeah, the rest of yous. They have never turned their backs on me, even when I do get a little crazy.
- My wonderful support system as a whole. I have a fantastic group of friends who push me to do my best. They are always there when I need them.
- My career. Honestly, I do this to reach out to other people. If you didn’t catch the Instagram post, my psychiatrist made me write out exactly why I write. The reason? “I want the person who needs my words to read them.”
- My dog. She is annoying as fuck. Loud, clingy, stubborn, always up my ass. But I’ll be damned if that little pup hasn’t gotten me through some really rough patches.
- California. This place is healthy for me. I love it here.
- Strangers. You guys keep me on my toes, that is for sure. You don’t know me personally, but you guys do a damned good job of holding me accountable.
- My mental illness. This shouldn’t be a reason why, but it is. I am thankful for the open heart and open mind I have developed since battling with bipolar disorder.
- The internet. Because literally everything. Socializing, researching, marketing. What a magical place.
- You. Because if you weren’t here, I wouldn’t want to be either.
For these reasons, I will forever be grateful for the life I live. No matter how bad it gets, I have 13 reasons to stay grounded.